Wednesday 15 October 2014

Animals and Creatures/ Research. Curious Beasts

I wanted to do a very brief mention of a book I found when doing research. The book I found was called "Curious Beasts" by Alison E. Wright. The book is basically a collection of artwork from the British Museum featuring animals from the fifteenth to the nineteenth century. I noticed that there was a lot of famous artists work in the book. There was a lot of Francisco Goya work and Durer, I also found some George Stubbs which was interesting as I have already looked at his work. there is a lot of very nice art work in this book. A lot of the illustration have been drawn using pen or engraved. I find this style of working very appealing and I draw most often with a pen. I have also seen some other artists who I wish to look at in more detail. Overall I found this book to be a big help with finding new artists.

This is the front cover of the book. Illustration by Frederick Hendrik van Hove
Below is a link to the Amazon page.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Curious-Beasts-Animal-Prints-British/dp/0714126888/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1413398932&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=curies+beasts

No comments:

Post a Comment