Thursday 30 October 2014

People and Characters/ Drawing on the walls. Update 3



On the third day of drawing I mainly continued drawing the tree as we had the full day to work on our illustrations. Our team decided earlier that the tree branches would extend onto the roof. I found this to be very difficult to do but still give it a shot. I don’t mind how they look but they are a bit scruffy compared to the rest of the tree. I started drawing the fourth face in the tree, when the outline was done I began to add detail to the rest. I used a smaller pen to add shading on the faces.  There was one side of the pillar that I couldn’t work on because another member of my team was drawing there for the full day. While I was waiting I thought it would be good to use some colour. In our early planning we wanted to use bright colours in the trees. I thought it would look better to only use one bright colour on my tree to keep it from looking cluttered. I chose a bright blue emulsion because I thought it looked good with the black pen work. I only used it on the eyes of the faces and the apples around the bottom. I like how it turned out and I think it helps the drawing to stand out. On the other tree the group began to add the lino cut leaves, some had my faces printed on to them. I thought they looked really good and made the tree seam a lot bigger.

Photos of me starting to draw on the roof

All the finished faces

The lino cut leaves on the other tree, we used some of the ones I made


Some photos of the colour I added.

No comments:

Post a Comment