Saturday 11 October 2014

Animals and Creatures. Flamingo Land trip



To continue our life drawing of animals we went on a trip to Flamingo Land. I hadn’t been there for a very long time so I was looking forward to it. We went at a time when the park was quiet which was very nice. The first place I visited was the aquarium, I really like marine life so this was a good place to start. I was a little disappointed by the size of aquarium as it only had a few animals and they were all fish. I did do some quick drawings of the fish but I couldn’t find any information on their species. 

one of my fish drawings


After our visit to the aquarium we then went for lunch. We sat outside on a bench, when we had a visit from a peacock. There were a few wondering the park but this one came really close-up and even sat on our table. It was a good chance to get some photos and drawings. We then went to a section of the park which held farm animals like cows and chickens. I was existed to find two donkeys as I am very fond of them. I didn’t get to do too much drawing of them because it started raining.

 
this was the peacock we found

Going around the park was a lot of fun, we saw Baboons, Giraffes, Ostriches, Lions and a lot of other animals. There was a Rhino in the park but  unfortunately I didn't get to see it. 


We then decided to go and watch the sea lion show. I really enjoyed it because we got to see the animals perform cool tricks and found out a lot of information about them. I found the sea lions fun to draw as they have a lot of character.
 

Some of my hippo drawings.

quick sketches of baboons.
Overall I really enjoyed the day and I did a lot of drawing. It helped towards my current project and was a fun day out. 

Link to the Flamingo Land web page

No comments:

Post a Comment