Wednesday 29 October 2014

People and Characters/ Drawing on the walls. Update 1

It was now time to begin drawing my illustrations on the wall. I began by drawing a very fine pencil line up the column. This was a guide line for when I would actually be drawing the tree. When I drew the pencil outline I left out gaps in the tree, this is where I would draw in the faces. The tree was drawn using a large permanent black marker. I couldn't draw the base of the tree at this point because another member of my group was working on the same wall at the time. I tried to keep the tree in the same style of my original pen drawings from my old sketchbook. All of the details on the wood were drawn freehand but I think they turned out well. When the tree began to take shape I began to add detail to the faces. There was ample room for four faces in the tree. I wanted them to match the style of the tree but have their own individual character. I managed to complete three which worked with the overall design but because of the limited time frame I don't think they are as good as they could have been. The photos below show my progress so far.










No comments:

Post a Comment