Wednesday 15 October 2014

Animals and Creatures/ First idears. Fantasy animals

After I had completed life drawings of animals it was time to start designing my own. I wanted to make at least four different imaginary beasts. I began by doing some quick sketches using a pen. I was trying to incorporate features I had seen on other animals. The drawings are very rough and not well thought-out but I kind of like this. It led to some happy accidents and interesting ideas. I want my final designs to look like believable animals, if I decide that I like any of these designs I will try to make them look like living animals. The images below are those first sketches.

This is part of a lizard like creature. I like the drawing but think it's a bit boring.
I don't relay like this drawing but I want to use the idea of a flurry animal with 6 legs.

Another animal with 6 legs. I like the body of this one but not the face.
I think this one looks a bit silly but think the snake like head looks good.

This one is a bit boring but I will keep the idea for later.
This one is probably the most unusual. I really like it but  think it looks a bit too much like an alien.
I now want to make these rough ideas into finished designs ready for my illustrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment