Thursday 9 October 2014

Animals and Creatures. Animal visit



After completing our reportage project we have now began our new project which is about animals. I was very excited to start this as I really enjoy drawing them. To begin the project we had a visit from Jay’s Animal Encounters. Jay does educational visits with exotic animals where you can see them up close and even handle them. Some of the animals which we got to draw were Bearded Dragons, a Blue Tongue Skink, a Blood Python, Meerkats, a Tarantula and many more. It was very cool and there is a link to his site below.



I found that some animals were a lot easier to draw than others. I didn’t have much trouble but the Meerkats were very hard to draw. They are very playful and energetic, it was difficult to keep an eye on them. The Bearded Dragons were almost the complete opposite. They just sat around and did very little moving. The same is true of the other reptilians and amphibians. There were scorpions which were difficult to draw because they always seemed to be moving. Below are some of my favorite drawings from the day.
 
Some of my sketches from the day. this was of the Blood Python


A pencil drawing of the Blue Tongue Skink
One of my Bearded Dragon sketches
A Bull Frog head
A scribbled Tarantula
Another Bearded Dragon, this time I put more detail into the sketch.
Overall I really enjoyed the day, I thought it was a cool opportunity to see the animals so close. I was pleased with most of the drawings I did and learned a lot of different textures and techniques from the lovely animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment