Monday 6 October 2014

Reportage. Life drawing



As part of our reportage work we were given life drawing workshops. I had only done a small amount of life drawing in the past and only of a female model. The first session we had to draw a burlesque dancer named Frankie. we were allowed to use whatever materials we wanted to and in any sized sketchbook. I was happy with this because I felt like I could try out a lot of different techniques, in my past life drawing experience we had to use a set medium. The room was lit using a set of coloured disco lights, this made the session a lot of fun. The lights made a lot of interesting lighting effects and colours. I did most of my drawings using coloured pencils because I could capture some of the interesting colour effects. We drew a lot of interesting poses that I had not drawn previously. Below are some examples of my drawings from that day.
A quick sketch drawn using coloured pencils
Three overlapping sketches
This was drawn using coloured pencils and pen


Another drawing wear i used colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment