Monday 24 November 2014

Digital manipulation/ Digital painting 5. Antelope



For my final digital illustration I chose another drawing from my life drawing. This time I chose an Antelope that I drew in flamingo land. I’m not sure what species the Antelope was but I think it might have been a type of Blackbuck. This painting was pretty straight forward but I tried out something different. To shade the Antelope I first added all the bright colours to their own layer. Then on a different layer I coloured over the whole thing with a dark grey. I simply erased the grey where there would be light exposing the colours underneath. On the final result I think this looks a bit plastic but it was a lot of fun to do. Overall I’m not too happy with the final piece but the process of making it was a lot of fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment