Monday 10 November 2014

Digital manipulation/ Digital experiments 1. Photoshop

I have worked with programs like Photoshop quite a lot over the last two years. I learned a lot of new techniques and different ways of working on my old course. I don’t use Photoshop a lot for drawing despite knowing how to use it. I prefer to draw by hand but digital is sometimes a better option because it’s faster. Also I think Photoshop is an important tool for cleaning up hand drawing work.

I have used Photoshop recently in my work. For my fantasy animal illustrations I used Photoshop to clean the image and add colour. At home I work on a bamboo graphics tablet, which is what I used for the drawing below.

The image below shows some different brush techniques which I use in Photoshop. All these images were created using default brushes. The far left images show some different types of line work. You can achieve pretty much any type of line in the program. The colourful image at the top was drawn using a texture brush with low flow. This gives you a painted look and is good for shading. The small landscape sketch was drawn using the same brush and one of the faded brushes. These are just some quick examples which I will look at in more detail. Also below is a screen shot of my Photoshop layout.




No comments:

Post a Comment