Sunday 16 November 2014

Class talk by Frances Moffatt


Recently I attended a lecture given by the fashion illustrator Frances Moffatt. I found the talk really interesting because see talked about her time in the industry and how it has effected her work. She has a distinct style which I find appealing, I like hear minimum use of line and well selected bright colours.


She began the talk by giving us a quick run done of her degrees. She also works as a lecturer at another local university. She then went on to talk about where she has worked and how she felt. At one point she worked on children’s fashion illustration for a teen magazine. She said she enjoyed it but it wasn’t really for her. I think that’s a thing illustrators have to be prepared for. It’s not a bad thing but it means you might end up doing things differently.  

http://www.lovecrafts.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/9781849941365-237x300.jpg

Frances has also had the chance to work on some books. One of the books which she worked on was “Fashion Exercise Book”. She seemed really happy with that project and the final book. I found the talk to be very interesting and an eye opener to the industry. I realised that sometimes things won’t always go how you want too. But it’s important to push on if you want to do something you really like.




No comments:

Post a Comment