Monday 5 January 2015

The Book of Drawings. Preparing the pages



Now that the illustrations are finished I need to prepare the pages where they will be glued into. To begin this I have transferred the outlines of the footers onto the bottom left page of each spread. I then painted them using the same techniques I used for the original designs. I changed some of the patterns on the Newt but this was the only change from the original drawings. At the top of the left pages I added the titles of the animals. These were illustrated using a sienna coloured felt tip pen. The colour wash over the top was done using ink wash that I applied using a scrunched up paper towel. I have tried to keep the colours looking organic and mossy so they fit in with the book. When it was drying I let the ink run down the page so it added to the watery pond idea. Below are some photos of my progress.





No comments:

Post a Comment