Wednesday 21 January 2015

Narrative Illustration. Trip to Waterstones



Today I went to Middlesbrough for and appointment while there I had a quick look in the book store Waterstones. I was looking for some books which I thought might help me with my research. The children’s book section was where I spent most of my time and I saw some wonderfully illustrated books. One of the books I bought was by Usborne called “Illustrated Classics”. The book is a compilation of classic tales such as “Robin Hood” and “The Centerville Ghost”. I thought this would be a good book to look at because I can then see what parts of the story are being illustrated. I think it’s important to understand this as it will make the illustrations seem more relevant. The second book I bought was “ladybird a cover story”. I thought this book would help in all aspects of my course as it’s a collection of ladybird book cover illustrations. The third book I chose was a Colleens Gem book about insects. I have a lot of these books and I use them a lot for reference. I thought it would help when I came to designing the insect characters for "Jams and the giant peach".


No comments:

Post a Comment