Monday 12 January 2015

The Book of drawings. Final thoughts



Now that the book is finished I can look back at it and discus it. I have enjoyed this project and am happy with the overall result. The book isn’t what I expected it to be, I would have liked it to be a lot neater and much better planned. Despite this I think the book has a lot of charm and looks way more interesting and different. I like the fact that the pages are all buckled and warped. 

I think I could have added more leaves into the binding, some of the pages don’t have them because of the way I have sown up the book. I also think this could have been fixed with a bit more attention but I couldn't solve this at the time. Some of the illustrations are not as detailed as others but I think they all work as a set and the colours work well together. Another problem is the pages don't fit in the cover very well. I did cut the paper to fit but the flock I added to the spine made the book slightly miss-shaped. It’s a small problem which I'm not to concerned about but it would have been nice if they had fit. 

I really like how this book turned out. Despite all the imperfections I still think it does a good job of showing pond life in an interesting way.



No comments:

Post a Comment