Tuesday 20 January 2015

Narrative Illustration. James and the Giant Peach



My copy of the book

After considering the choice of books provided, I have decided on "James and the Giant Peach" by Roald Dahl. This is a book which I loved as a child and I would also like to pay it some form of tribute. I need to consider the fact that I will be doing this project for a long time and will need to keep interested. I think this book will keep me occupied for a substantial length of time as I enjoy it so much.

I will need to read the book in the space of a week, as it is reading week I will be studying at home.  Another advantage to choosing "James and the Giant Peach" is that it's a relatively a short novel. I do suffer from reading problems which is why I have put off some of the longer books on the list. It might be a good idea for me to listen to the audio book at the same time as reading the novel. I also want to watch the move interpretation as I think it has an interesting art direction.
For now I will need to familiarize myself with the story and character before I make any big decisions. 


No comments:

Post a Comment