Monday 26 January 2015

Narrative Illustration. After reading



I have now finished reading the book "James and the Giant Peach". The book wasn't too difficult to read which surprised me somewhat. The last time I read this book I was only a young child and I remembered the story differently to how it actually is. There is a bit of a dark undertone to the story, its subtle but I think most adult readers will pick up on it. While I was going through the book I placed post-it notes at points in the story that I found interesting. I am going to need to identify the most important parts of the story if I am to make a convincing set of illustrations. Ten illustrations are required for this project and all have to be based on what is known as a 'narrative peak'. There were a lot of things I noted but some are clearly more important than others in the overall plot. I am going to choose the ten most suitable peaks from the story and discuss them in more detail later.

No comments:

Post a Comment