Thursday 29 January 2015

Narrative Illustration/ A mid-century twist



Before I start my artist research I have given some fort to the look I wish to achieve for my James and the giant peach illustrations. I was wanting to try something a bit out of my comfit zone with this project. 

The mid-century modern movement was a time of colourful and creative illustration. This style of work has become popular in book illustration for its quick eye grabbing appeal. The style was popular with animated cartoons such as “the looney tunes” four there back drop designs. Theas works wear often ever painted using gouache paints or traditional printing techniques. With advances in technology most modern day takes of this style have moved on to programs like Photoshop or illustrator. 

I wish to look in to some examples of this style in my later research. I will also look at previse interpretations of James and the giant peach illustration and other children’s book illustrators.

No comments:

Post a Comment