Monday 19 January 2015

Narrative Illustration. Introduction



My new Project Brief is Narrative Illustration. I will need to treat this brief as if it were an actual client job.  I was given a list of various books covering children’s novels, adult novels graphic novels and screen plays. From the list below I need to choose a book which fits best with my illustration style as I would need to make ten illustrations based around the story of my choice. Another point of this task is to learn how to construct an industry stranded illustration, I will be shown how to do this over the next couple of weeks. After considering all the books shown below I am most interested in “James and the Giant Peach” as this is a story I both love and think my drawing style will fit with the feel of the novel. 


The Wind in the Willows – Kenneth Grahame
Treasure Island – Robert Louis Stevenson
The Princess Bride – William Goldman
James and the Giant Peach – Roald Dahl
The Big Book of Nonsense – Colin West
The Three Mulla-Mulgars – Walter de La Mare

Wuthering Heights – Emily Bronte
Oliver Twist – Charles Dickens
Catch 22 – Joseph Heller
The Hobbit – J.R.R Tolkin
Northern Lights – Philip Pullman


Batman: Arkham Asylum – Grant Morrison / Dave McKean
Sin City Volume 4: That Yellow Bastard – Frank Miller
Judge Dredd: Shooters night.
Listening to the Earth Turn - Jason Aaron
Chain of Command - Andy Diggle
Nobrow – Graphic narrative – Exclusion – Sam Arthur

The Castle – Franz Kafka
Trainspotting – Irvine Welsh
Animal Farm – George Orwell
Fifty Shades of Grey – E L James
White Bones – Grahame Masterton

Blow by Blow: The story of Isabella Blow – Detmar Blow / Tom Sykes
Necronomicon: The Best Weird Tales – H.P Lovecraft
A Princess of Mars – Edgar Rice Burroughs
The Artificial Man – Leslie Purnell Davies
Dracula – Bram Stoker



No comments:

Post a Comment