Monday 29 December 2014

The Book of Drawings. Final illustrations



After choosing a style to use for my illustrations I went ahead and made the whole set. I made them all using the same techniques and materials. This process took a long time and I’m not happy with all the results. I was finding some of the animals hard to illustrate in the way I wanted. One example of this was the Water Vole, I struggled because I didn’t know how I wanted the fur to look. I’m happy with the Newt because I could use a lot of different colours in its skin tones. I think this helps make the image more interesting. The fish also benefit from this as I could use a lot of greens, reds and purples. Despite all this I think they work as a set and I enjoyed making them.  Below are the final illustrations in the order they will appear in my book. I think the aging ink method used on the paper really stands out now and the fine pen gives a natural texture to the animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment