Wednesday 17 December 2014

The Book of Drawings. Animal footers



Whilst working on my illustrations I had an idea and thought it would be fun to make simplistic versions of all the animals I was using. I thought it would be interesting to use the designs as page footers underneath the text. I began by doing some quick sketches to see how simple I could get the animals to look. I tried to make them all seem similar enough to appear as a matching set. When I was happy with the designs I then made coloured versions in my sketch book. I used watercolour to do this as it fit with the feel I wanted for my book. After playing with the designs I then hand painted them onto the actual pages I would use for my book. I used watercolour paper so this process wasn’t too difficult. I am happy the final drawings, although I think that they appear a bit too simple. Despite this they seem to have a nice contrast from the detailed illustrations on the opposite page. Below are my final designs.




No comments:

Post a Comment