Wednesday 10 December 2014

The Book of Drawings. Planning the book



Now that I have completed a substantial amount of research I want to start thinking about my book. I think I want my book to be classic bound and have similarities to an illustrated natural history book. To began I sketched some ideas on scrap paper. I toyed with the idea of pull tabs and fold out illustrations. One of the doodles I created was of a tadpole becoming a frog. I like the idea and I think I would incorporate it into the book. This also gave me an idea of how much paper I would need for my book. My plan at this point is quite simple. I want to illustrate all ten animals and have some information on the opposite page. That way all the animals will get a two page spread. Below are some of the plans I drew up.





No comments:

Post a Comment