Thursday 12 February 2015

Narrative Illustration. Life drawing



I attended another life drawing session recently for my studies. Today we were drawing a model we had previously met. The session began as most do with a series of warm-ups and challenges. I was challenging myself to try and fit all of my drawings on to one sheet of A3 paper. I found this to be a nice challenge and a bit of a thinking exercise when the paper began to fill up. We tried something new during this session as we had all been asked to bring in our favourite illustrated book, I decided to bring “The Arrival”. Our model had to stand in a pose from each book, which led to some interesting drawing opportunities. One task was to draw the model crossed with a dragon. This section was a lot of fun and I am happy with my outcome, the image seems more interesting because of all the small drawings knitted into the piece.


No comments:

Post a Comment