Thursday 12 February 2015

Artist talk by William Simpson




I was lucky to attend a visit from the story board artist and illustrator William Simpson. He has worked on comic strips for 'Marvel' and more recently story boards for the 'Game of thrones' TV series. I’m interested in fantasy art and Game of Thrones so I thought it would be a good opportunity to go to along to the lecture.
Unfortunately I was sat at the rear of the room and found it difficult to hear most of the discussion. It was interesting to hear about all the different jobs William Simpson had worked on for comic books. He talked about how he first started out with art and how he progress on to getting paid work. some interesting things were said about designing  for "Game Of Thrones"Will talked about some of the problems he faced when designing some of the unusual things in the story.

The following day we had an opportunity to meet William in our studios. Unfortunately I didn’t get the chance to talk with Will as he was busy doing interviews. I was disappointed because I was looking forward to meeting him.

No comments:

Post a Comment