Thursday 5 March 2015

Narrative Illustration Development. Bug drawings



Alongside my research I have been studying the bugs which I will need to illustrate from my chosen book. It’s important to understand a subject before characterising it in a stylistic way. These study’s were mainly referenced from photographs as it would be difficult to find these subjects for life drawing. Insects and other small invertebrates are quite interesting to draw because of the details and particular shapes. This is why I have used a fine liner pen, so I could easily incorporate the detail into the image. This way of drawing tends to suit me more as I can jot these studies down in a good time. Drawing all the animals in the same way also helps to link the features between them and understand how their legs function and the texture of their skin/ shells.

As I was drawing These animals I also began to think how they could be depicted in my illustrations. There are distinct features on some of these bugs which I think could be personified and characterised.


No comments:

Post a Comment