Monday 2 March 2015

Narrative Illustration. Chosen peaks from Jams and the Giant Peach



Following my research I have now chosen my peaks from the book. I’m probably going to stick to the 10 Illustration requirement so the parts will need to be well selected. This was done by reading the book again and placing post-notes where I thought I could add an appropriate illustration. The parts I have chosen are listed below and are essential points in the plot which I think would make interesting illustrations.

. The opening when Jame's life is being described

. The old man with the magic crocodile tongs

. The growing peach

. Meeting the bugs

. The escape from the Aunts

. The peaches first flight from the Sharks

. The Cloud Men

. Flying above New York

. The Bug’s jobs

. James living in the peach stone at the end

This didn’t take me long but was a good opportunity to think up some concepts. It also reminded me of the characters and there personality’s. After researching different Artists I found new ideas when thinking of the characters and locations. My proses from this point will be to thoroughly design my characters. Then work on thumbnails for the final illustrations, moving on to colour and texture choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment