Wednesday 15 April 2015

What makes a good business card?




Business cards are important for all freelance workers including illustrators. It’s good to know what makes a business card work, remember appearance is everything. I and my pears discussed this with the aid of some old provided business cards. By sorting them in to three piles “good, bad and ok” it made an analyses much more manigabul.  This led in to some therver dicotions which descueed the quality of print, use of colour, chose of paper and information provided.

I went and did some there investigations on my own. The image shows some business cards and promotional material I had acumyaleted in my own time. Thankfully I have a good mix which include clothing stores, artists, photographers and game stores. I dot find any of threes examples to be particularly bad although, some don’t uterlise the back of the card to well. Two of this cards came with small free gifts, being a smiley face pin and a hello kitty kea chain. I don’t think theas are necessary but they are nice and make these card more rememberabul. Intestinally I think theas two cards are the worst design of the bunch. The card in the top left is from a lookl artis. She is primeraly a watercolour paininter wich reflects in the card as its printed on to watercolour paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment